Why Study Accounting at Concordia?
- Our accounting professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- During spring tax season, you could take advantage of the accounting department’s volunteer internship opportunity with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program run by the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
- Business Club activities allow you to connect with regional entrepreneurs, executives, investors, and attorneys.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to Fortune 500 companies and a wide array of industry, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our accounting students get on-the-job experience at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our accounting students find career success after graduation.
- Our accounting graduates find immediate employment at companies, agencies, and organizations of all sorts, including nationally known firms such as Deloitte.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.