- Concordia’s small class size, which isn’t standard at a larger university, offers an important advantage to applied science students. At Concordia, the average lecture and lab size is 20 students, which allows faculty to give individual attention to students during their early coursework. You'll receive the personalized attention you need as you prepare to enter the University of Minnesota engineering program.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career, and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
Real Experiences and Relevant Learning
- Our Tri Pi Math Club and Tetra Delta Science Club activities allow you to attend professional conferences, participate in service-learning opportunities and meet local scientists and mathematicians.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to a wide array of business, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our applied science students can turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our applied science students find academic and career success after Concordia.
- You have the opportunity to continue participation in extra-curricular offerings at Concordia, including NCAA Division II athletics.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.