Why Study Athletic Training at Concordia?
- Our athletic training professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Concordia builds in opportunities to apply classroom learning to solve current fitness and wellness problems.
- Concordia Health Alliance for Majors in Physical Education & Kinesiology (CHAMP) Club activities allow you to attend professional conferences and participate in service-learning opportunities.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to several professional sports teams and a wide array of industry, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our athletic training students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs at area high schools, NCAA Division II athletic programs and even professional sports teams.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our athletic training students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our athletic training graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at companies, agencies, and organizations of all sorts, including nationally known employers such as Lifetime Fitness.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.