- Our design professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- The Concordia Art Center gives you 24-hour access to a wide range of facilities and tools beyond graphic design to aid your learning: a large ceramics studio, a printmaking studio, and specialized studio spaces for drawing, sculpture and painting.
- You can participate in Art Club activities, and student artwork is showcased in campus galleries throughout the year.
- The Department of Art and Design also offers many off-campus experiences ranging from field trips to local museums to biennial trips to Mexico and Europe. Concordia’s Twin Cities metro location gives you access to arts organizations, galleries, museums, exhibition opportunities, internships, arts-related jobs and a vibrant music and theatre community.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our design students find career success after graduation in areas such as advertising, business, marketin, and communications.
- Some of our design graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at companies, agencies and organizations of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.