Why Study Finance at Concordia?
- Our finance professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Concordia has a small investment fund that students examine and make decisions about. You’ll also perform complete financial analyses of major corporations and do intensive federal income tax research and writing that expands your knowledge and allows you to apply your skills.
- Business Club activities allow you to connect with regional entrepreneurs, executives, investors and attorneys.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to Fortune 500 companies and a wide array of industry, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our finance students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs at places like U.S. Bank, Minnesota Mutual and Wells Fargo.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our finance students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our finance graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at companies, agencies, and organizations of all sorts, including nationally known firms such as Ameriprise.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.