Why History at Concordia?
- Our history professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- The History Club allows you to help organize lectures and take study trips, and you can participate in Minnesota History Day mentoring high school students.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to the Minnesota History Center, State Capitol, Concordia’s Center for Hmong Studies and various local historic sites, so our history students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our history students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our history graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at organizations, businesses and agencies of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.