Why Interscholastic Athletic Coaching Certification at Concordia?
- Our education professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a teaching career, and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Concordia builds in opportunities to apply classroom learning in student teaching environments. The department has key partnerships with Concordia’s Hmong Culture and Language program, St. Paul and Minneapolis Public Schools, Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod schools, and five Twin Cities public charter schools.
- The Teachers of Tomorrow student organization engages future educators in service learning, plans fun activities and allows you to share experiences and ask questions of one another.
- The Teacher Education program at Concordia has been the pride of the University for nearly 60 years. It is widely recognized for excellence in its programs, faculty, staff, and candidates, and regarded as among the finest in the state of Minnesota and in the Concordia University System. The program is fully accredited by the National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education (continuously since 1969) and the Minnesota Board of Teaching. Because of Minnesota’s rigorous teacher licensure standards, students graduating from Minnesota’s colleges and universities are favorably regarded nationwide.
- Because the coursework and student teaching experiences are designed to convey the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our education students find career success after graduation. Some of our education graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at both public and private schools in Minnesota, throughout the United States and abroad.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community, and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.