Why Lutheran Classroom Teacher Certification at Concordia?
- You’ll be taught by professors who are committed to ministry in Lutheran schools. They are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Concordia’s dynamic metropolitan campus provides a wide range of opportunities that prepare you to work in the church. You’ll also work in a team ministry setting through collaboration with students studying in other Christian ministry programs.
- The Teachers of Tomorrow student organization engages future educators in service learning, plans fun activities, and allows you to share experiences and ask questions of one another.
- The Teacher Education program at Concordia has been the pride of the University for nearly 60 years. It is widely recognized for excellence in its programs, faculty, staff, and candidates, and regarded as among the finest in the state of Minnesota and in the Concordia University System. The program is fully accredited by the National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education (continuously since 1969) and the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
- Concordia has key partnerships with many Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod schools and facilitates placement into a church’s school ministry upon graduation, and our campus ministry office recommends the candidate for faculty approval to become a commissioned minister of the church.
- Lutheran Classroom Teacher graduates meet the requirements for both Minnesota state licensure as a public school teacher and for church certification to teach in parochial schools. Because of Minnesota’s rigorous teacher licensure standards, students graduating from Minnesota colleges and universities are favorably regarded nationwide.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community, and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.