Why Mathematics at Concordia?
- Our math professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- You can hone your leadership skills by working as a grader or tutor in the math department.
- Our Tri Pi Math Club lets you get involved in hosting Game Night for Concordia students and Math Day for local high students.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to a wide array of business, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our math students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our math students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our math graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at companies, agencies and organizations of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.