Why Pre-Medical Specialty Studies at Concordia?
- Our professors are experts in their fields, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career, and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- Concordia students have access to well-equipped laboratories and research facilities that are not as available to undergraduate students at larger research universities.
- Tetra Delta Club activities allow you to address public health issues in a service-oriented fashion. For example, the club recently held a bone marrow drive that registered nearly 50 new donors to the National Bone Marrow Registry.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is home to a wide array of industry, governmental, and nonprofit employers, so our pre-med students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our pre-med students are able to list relevant, real experiences on their professional school applications.
- Our pre-med graduates are accepted to medical and professional programs throughout the country, from the University of Minnesota Dental School to the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine to the Western University of Health Sciences.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.