Why Spanish at Concordia?
- Our Spanish professors are experts in the field, balancing their research with their practical experience to make what they teach relevant to your future.
- Your professors will get to know you personally, challenge and support your intellectual growth, mentor you in preparing for a career and provide detailed letters of recommendation even beyond your graduation.
- The Spanish Club allows you to practice our Spanish together with others and participate in cultural activities.
- You could work as a counselor at Concordia Language Villages El Lago del Bosque Spanish immersion camp in Northern Minnesota teaching Spanish to 10- to 18-year-olds through games, sports, crafts, music and outdoor activities.
- Our Twin Cities metro location is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the nation and allows many opportunities to be immersed in the Spanish language, so our Spanish students turn theory into practice at nearby internships and jobs.
- Because the coursework and experiences outside the classroom are designed to teach the knowledge and skills demanded in the marketplace, our Spanish students find career success after graduation.
- Some of our Spanish graduates move directly on to advanced study in graduate programs, and others find immediate employment at organizations, businesses and agencies of all sorts.
- Since a Concordia education is grounded in the liberal arts and exposes you to a wide range of disciplines across the sciences, humanities and social sciences, you’ll graduate with versatile knowledge and critical thinking skills that are valuable in any career.
- In our Lutheran setting, you’ll acquire greater self-understanding and explore your place in the home, workplace, community and congregation as you prepare for a lifetime of thoughtful living and dedicated service.