About Michael Walcheski
Dr. Michael Walcheski brought his professional expertise in psychology, family and marriage therapy, family life education and Christian education to Concordia University, St. Paul in 1998. A Concordia graduate, Dr. Walcheski served for 15 years in parish settings supporting Christian education, family life and youth ministry and counseling.
Walcheski is a nationally recognized expert in Family Life Education who conducts presentations and professional training sessions at academic conferences, family life education seminars and workshops. He was named Certified Family Life Educator of the Year by the National Council on Family Relations in 2008. He is co-author of numerous publications, including journal articles, training monographs and books. Along with his teaching responsibilities, Dr. Walcheski is active in the practice of marriage and family therapy, family life education, and parent and family coaching. Walcheski was selected was selected as a 2011-2012 Fellow in the Thrivent Fellows Program, a program dedicated to the development of leaders in Lutheran Higher Education.
ACADEMIC / PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Ph.D. Counselor Education and Supervision, Western Michigan University (1998)
- M.A., Counseling Agency Counseling, Western Michigan University (1993)
- B.A., Elementary Education/Director of Christian Education, Concordia University (1983)
- Certified Family Life Educator
- LMFT Board Approved Supervisor, State of Minnesota
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Minnesota and Michigan
Marriage and family therapy, child and family life education, psychology, family systems, systemic leadership, parent and family coaching
"It is an honor to be able to serve God and others through a variety of roles here at Concordia, my Alma Mater."