Mrs. Josanne Christian
Instructor of Nursing
Josie Christian joined the Kinesiology and Health Sciences Department at Concordia University, St. Paul in early 2014. As the RN to BS-Nursing (Degree Completion) program coordinator she serves in both teaching and administrative roles.
Christian’s previous academic experience has included roles as a clinical instructor for a public institution, as an online RN to BSN instructor for a non-profit private institution, and as a dean of a practical nurse program at a private for-profit institution. In addition to her collegiate teaching and leadership experience, she has been a registered nurse for 21 years with a diverse practice background including staff, leadership, and consultant roles. Christian’s nursing experience has spanned both traditional and non-traditional nursing practice roles including inpatient operating room, general surgery, intensive care, outpatient asthma clinic, outpatient disease management clinic, start-up and leadership/management of a telemonitoring disease management program (including a co-patent on the technology), establishment and leadership of a managed care staff development program and team, and as an internal senior performance improvement consultant for quality and safety initiatives within a large health system.
- MSN (education emphasis) – Walden University, Minneapolis, MN (2008)
- BSN (with a biology minor) – Franciscan University of Steubenville, MN (1993)
- Mini Master of the Lean Enterprise Certificate, University of St. Thomas (2010)
- Minnesota Public Health Nurse, 2008-present
- Certified Emergency Nurse Alumnus, Emergency Nurses Association, 2012-present (Certified Emergency Nurse, Emergency Nurses Association, 1996-2012)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse Alumnus, 2010-present (Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse, American Association of Critical Care Nurses 1995-2010).
- Minnesota Registered Nurse 1993-present
Reflective practice, interprofessional collaboration, professional development and continuous learning, social justice and patient advocacy including health literacy.