Dr. Peter Rundquist
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
Peter J. Rundquist, PT, PhD is the Director of the DPT program. He graduated from the University of Minnesota’s PT program in 1989. He spent 7 years practicing as a physicians’ extender in the US Army. He earned his PhD in Rehabilitation Science from the U of M in 2003. Most recently, he has been the Chair of the Institutional Review Board and a member of the Krannert School of Physical Therapy’s faculty at the University of Indianapolis.
Dr. Rundquist has extensive orthopedic physical therapy practice. He specializes in evaluation and treatment of patients with spine dysfunction.
Dr. Rundquist has taught musculoskeletal evaluation and treatment and supervised student research in the KSPT DPT program. He has taught clinical research methods, lumbar spine evaluation and treatment, pathophysiology, and professional writing and advised DHS research projects in the College of Health Science’s postprofesional program.
Dr. Rundquist’s research interest is evaluating shoulder three-dimensional kinematics. He has investigated asymptomatic participants and those with chronic stroke, frozen shoulder, multidirectional instability, and post-breast cancer lymphedema.
Dr. Rundquist’s recent publications include:
- Myers BA, Jenkins WL, Killian CB, Rundquist, PJ. Normative data for hop tests in high school and collegiate basketball and soccer players. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 2014; 9(5): 596-603.
- Payne S, Rundquist P, Gahimer J, Harper W. Self-directed learning readiness and self-determination for selected rehabilitation professional students: the impact of clinical education. International Journal of Self-Directed Learning. 2013; 10(1): 35-42.
- Rundquist PJ, Ertl C, Lebryk J, Schaaf J, Biggers L. Effects of lymphedema on shoulder kinematics and function in survivors of breast cancer: an observational study. Rehabilitation Oncology. 2012; 30(3): 9-14
- Rundquist PJ, Dumit M, Hartley J, Schultz K, Finley M. Three-dimensional shoulder complex kinematics in individuals with upper extremity impairment from chronic stroke. Disability and Rehabilitation. 2012; 34(5): 402-407
- Rundquist P, Bratton J, Fasano E, Grant A, Mattioda M. A comparison of 3-D shoulder kinematics to perform ADLs between older and younger adults. Physical and Occupational Therapy in Geriatrics. 2011; 29(4):300-310
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota (2003)
- B.S., University of Minnesota (1989)
- B.A., University of Minnesota (1987)