Concordia's Presidential Search Committee has identified six nominees that it believes have the combination of experience, education, skills and qualities that make them the best fit with Concordia's current and future needs. The board has received the required prior approval by the Concordia University System for the following candidates to proceed in the selection process:
- Dr. Donald Christian- Round Rock, Texas
- Rev. Dr. James Gimbel- St. Paul, Minn.
- Rev. Dr. David Kluth- Round Rock, Texas
- Rev. Thomas Ries- Kirkwood, Mo.
- Dr. Alan Runge- Cedar Park, Texas
- Rev. Gregory Seltz- Irvine, Calif. - Withdrew 1/21/11. Accepted call to become speaker of The Lutheran Hour® radio program.
Learn more about the candidates. The Search Committee will begin phone interviews with the approved candidates and narrow the pool again before campus interviews begin in mid-February. The next president is expected to be announced April 15.