Coord Online ECE Program
Dr. Lynn Gehrke is a professional educator with more than 20 years of experience teaching learners at all levels, from Pre-K through the collegiate ranks. She has been preparing future educators at Concordia since 1999. Dr. Gehrke specializes in early childhood and elementary education. She has coordinated Concordia's Early Childhood Education online programs since 1999.
ACADEMIC / PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Ph.D., Curriculum & Instruction, University of Minnesota (2004)
- M.A.Ed., Early Childhood Education, Concordia University, St. Paul (1998)
- B.A., Elementary Education, Concordia College, St. Paul (1979)
- Minnesota Elementary Education teaching licensure
- Minnesota Pre-Kindergarten Education teaching licensure
Child guidance and classroom management, curriculum and instruction, observation and assessment in Pre-K through elementary years.
"I see teaching as a time to intentionally build relationships with students, motivate and inspire, and create learning together. My students teach me as much as I teach them. The highlight of my teaching is to go beyond the academic classroom into the classrooms of my B.A and M.A. students to model, consult and co-teach. Their invitations to me are humbling and exciting."