Concordia University, St. PaulDistance Education Complaint Process

Distance Education Complaint Process

Reauthorization of the Higher Education Act includes regulations regarding the delivery of distance education to out-of-state residents. The United States Department of Education (USDOE) requires that institutions comply with any applicable state approval or licensure requirements in each state to which distance education instruction is delivered. Institutions must provide current and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting body and the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in a student’s state.

Concordia University, St. Paul Accreditation

Concordia University, St. Paul is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation and one of two commission members of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), which is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region. Concordia University is authorized by the Minnesota State Board of Higher Education to offer degrees and certificates in on-campus and distance education programs.

You may file a complaint with Concordia’s regional accrediting agency, HLC (Higher Learning Commision). Information regarding its complaint process can be found on the HLC website.

Complaint resolution

Concordia University desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an efficient, fair and amicable manner. Complaints regarding any aspect of Concordia University operations should be filed internally to Concordia University authorities first. Contact information for filing complaints internally is provided below:

  • Admissions Issues (admissions eligibility and process): Contact the Admissions Office at (651) 641-8230
  • Registration & Records Issues (registration, petition processes, records and transcript issues, degree requirements, and veteran’s services): Contact the Registrar’s Office at (651) 641-8233
  • Money Matters (billing, tuition/fee payments); Contact the Business Office at (651) 641-8206
  • Financial Aid Issues (loans, scholarships, grants): Contact Student Financial Services at (651) 603-6300
  • Student Concerns (ADA, Student Conduct, Well being, Where to Start): Contact the Associate Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students at (651) 641-8706
  • Instructional Issues (grading, instructor issues): Contact the chair of your instructor’s department.

However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. The Student Complaint Process by State and Agency (pdf) provides links to and/or information about the Complaint Process for each state education agency. Federal regulations require us to provide prospective and current students with contact information for filing complaints with the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides.

Please click on your state to be connected to the contact form should you have a complaint about Concordia University:

Alabama – Alaska – Arizona – Arkansas – California – Colorado – Connecticut – Delaware – District of Columbia

Florida – Georgia – Hawaii – Idaho – Illinois – Indiana – Iowa – Kansas – Kentucky – Louisiana – Maine

Maryland – Massachusetts – Michigan –  – Minnesota – Mississippi – Missouri – Montana – Nebraska

Nevada – New Hampshire – New Jersey – New Mexico – New York – North Carolina – North Dakota

Ohio – Oklahoma – Oregon – Pennsylvania – Rhode Island – South Carolina – South Dakota

Tennessee – Texas – Utah – Vermont – Virginia – Washington – West Virginia – Wisconsin – Wyoming