Admissions Requirements for General and Pre-Requisite Courses
- Apply Online
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in previous coursework
- Final and official transcripts from all previous institutions attended –
- If you have attended a MNSCU college or university we also ask that you provide an official accompanying DARS or MnTC goal area worksheet. Concordia accepts completed goal areas.
- If you have less than 20 college credits completed, you will need to submit your official high school transcript, any college-level courses you have taken, and official ACT or SAT scores.
Students who do not meet initial admission criteria may be asked to complete additional items for admission consideration.
Submit official transcript to:
Concordia University – St. Paul
Office of Admissions
1282 Concordia Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55104
Pre-Licensure Nursing (BSN) Admission Requirements
Prior to being accepted to the Pre-Licensure Nursing program you will be required to submit the following materials to the Nursing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Nursing program applicants may be required demonstrate English language proficiency via examination if English is not their native language.
- Pre-Requisite Courses
All pre-requisite courses must have been completed in the past 5 years with a grade of ‘C’ or higher in order to count toward the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Biology I and General Chemistry I must have a combined GPA of 2.75 or greater.
- Biology I (3-4 credits)
- General Chemistry I with lab (3-4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (3-4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (3-4 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3-4 credits)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Letter should state relationship to the applicant
- Letter should state how or why the applicant will be successful in the Pre-Licensure BSN track
- Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with a score of 62% or greater – https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS.aspx
If TEAS Math score is below 63.3%, MAT 095 will be required to take prior to MAT 165.
- Nursing Assistant Registry document or evidence of completion of a Nursing Assistance course.
To download this document, go to the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry Verification of Registration document that contains an image of the state seal at: https://apps.health.state.mn.us/nar/narMain
- Each applicant is require to write a Nursing Goal Statement:
- The statement should fall between 400 and 700 words.
- Include a beginning (introduction), middle (body), and end (summary/conclusion) in your personal statement.
- Be sure to address items a-c below. To support the flow of the content, include transitions from one topic to another.
- This statement should be original and reflective of you individually. Do notincorporate any other work requiring citation or referencing.
- Do not plagiarize.
- Explain what has led you to desire to become a nurse. Provide specific detail to support your explanation
- Identify professional values that you possess that will enable you to contribute as a professional nurse.
- Share how you feel Concordia University, St. Paul (CSP) will help you meet these goals
- Review and edit your nursing goal statement for spelling, grammar errors, and to assure that you have met the requirements detailed above.
Please submit all materials to the Nursing Department
by email: email@example.com
Contact the Nursing Department with any questions regarding these materials at 651-641-8873
Students enrolling in an adult undergraduate program must have access to a computer that meets Concordia University’s technology requirements. Contact Concordia’s Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 641-8866 with any questions regarding these requirements.