Main navigation

Business Office

The Business Office takes care of most things financial for Concordia University. From monitoring budgets, issuing purchases orders, processing check requests, honorarium/stipend requests, expense reports, cash advances, cash boxes, petty cash and student payments.

Accounts Payable

  • Please note that Cash Advances may only be taken out by Concordia Faculty/Staff. Cash Advances may not be written out to a student.

    Use the Cash Advance form in the event a CSP employee requires advance funds to travel and attend business-related events on behalf of CSP. It is greatly advised that these funds are not used to purchase material products. CSP has many vendors that provide products with the benefits of being tax-exempt and/or may have discounted rates. Use a Purchase Order to purchase from vendors.

    All approval signatures required. 


    Use the Cash Box Advance form in the event that a CSP organization requires cash on hand at an event that is being hosted on campus.

    All approval signatures required.

  • Use the Check Request form to pay a vendor for products or services that were acquired and a purchase order was not issued before hand. Attach the original invoice or other supporting documentation.

    All approval signatures required.

  • Use the Expense Report (Non-Travel) form for non-travel related expenses any individual has paid for with their own funds. Remember to attach all original itemized receipts.

    All approval signatures required.

    For total amounts of $25 or less use the Petty Cash form.

    Expense Report Policy

    **PLEASE NOTE: If you need assistance with paying for travel or non-travel reimbursable expenses, please contact Cheryl Wolfram at 651-641-8751.

  • Use the Expense Report-Travel Only form for expenses an individual has paid for with their own funds while traveling on behalf of CSP.

    The mileage rates are adjusted each year per IRS requirements. Effective January 1, 2023 the mileage rate will be .655/mile.  Any mileage incurred should be completed on the Mileage Supplement form and included with the Expense Report.  Remember to attach all original itemized receipts.

    Expense Report Policy

    All approval signatures required.

    Expense-Report-Travel-2022 Jan-June                  Expense-Report-Travel-2023

    Expense-Report-Travel-2022 July-Dec

    Mileage-Supplement-2022 Jan-June                       Mileage-Supplement-2023

    Mileage-Supplement-2022 July-Dec

  • Use the Honorarium/Stipend with Direct Deposit form  for payments to individuals who provided services to CSP who are not employees of the university. There is an option for the payments to be by Direct Deposit. The form is located on the 2nd tab. Please include it with the Honorarium/Stipend Request if Direct Deposit is preferred.

    Please include a W-9 for new vendors.

    All approval signatures required.

    W-9 Form

    NOTE: Honorarium/Stipend requests for all Concordia faculty/staff must be brought to the Human Resources department.

  • Use the Petty Cash form for reimbursable expenses incurred for a total of $25 or less. Bring it along with the original itemized receipt(s) to the Business Office for authorization, and then to the Cashier’s window to receive a reimbursement.

    All approval signatures required.

    For total expenses over $25 use the Expense Report (Non-Travel) or Expense-Report-Travel-2023

  • Use the Purchase Order form BEFORE purchasing products or services. Please fill out the form completely. Save it to your desktop for reference.

    Once Accounts Payable receives and reviews the PO request, it will then be created in Banner and emailed to the listed email address. Please allow a minimum of 1 day for processing.

    All approval signatures required.


  • Use the Budget Transfer form when there is a need to transfer budget dollars from one account to another. If transferring amounts between departments, both Department Heads must sign the form.

    All approval signatures required.

  • Use the Journal Activity Transfer form if an amount was entered into the wrong organization; also use this form if transferring activity between two departments.

    All approval signatures required.


  • The Cashier’s Office is located on the first floor of the Pohler Administration Building- AD115.

    Open daily 8:00 AM – 4:30 pm. Closing for lunch 12:00-1:00 pm.

    Summer Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.

  • BUS PASS and STUDENT ID can be paid for online.

    Fall 2023 bus passes are now available at the Cashier’s window. They are $165 and are good from August 15, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Please purchase your bus pass here. You may pick up your bus pass at the Cashier’s window the following business day. M-F, 8am-4pm, excluding 12pm-1pm. Replacement bus passes are $30 the 1st time, $35 the 2nd time and full price thereafter.

    The student ID replacement fee is $10 and can be paid here. Please forward your receipt to and pick up your card from Card Services in the Security Office afterward.

  • To make a payment, please go to CSPConnect, to Payment-Online, and then Make a Payment.  You can pay by credit card with a 2.85% fee or pay with your bank routing and checking or savings account number with no fee. The payment will post to your student account.

    You can also mail in a payment to:

    Concordia University – St Paul

    Lockbox 446006

    PO Box 64065

    St Paul MN  55164-0065

    Cash and check payments are accepted at the cashier window. Payments received at the cashier window after 3:00 will be posted the next business day.

    Please include your student ID on all payments.

Purchase Supplies