Adjunct Nursing Faculty
Dr. Cornell joined the College of Education and Science at Concordia University, St. Paul in early 2016. Cornell’s previous academic experience has included roles as a clinical instructor for a private associates degree nursing program as well as an instructor for a public university for a second degree nursing program and traditional bachelors of nursing program, as an online RN to BSN instructor for several non-profit private institutions, a faculty manager for a private Prelicensure program online, and as a dean of the RN to BSN program at a private for-profit institution.
In addition to her collegiate teaching and leadership experience, she has been a registered nurse for 34 years with a diverse practice background including staff nursing, nursing coordinator for a HMO, hospice and home care nursing coordinator roles. Cornell’s nursing experience has bridged both traditional and non-traditional nursing practice roles including inpatient perioperative, ambulatory, recovery room, emergency rooms, intensive care, coronary care, oncology, alcohol detoxification, and pre-admission departments.
- PhD (nursing education), Capella University, Minneapolis (2011)
- MSN (nursing education), Walden University, Minneapolis (2008)
- BSN, University of Michigan – Flint, Flint, Mich. (2006)
- ADN, Mott Community College, Flint, Mich. (1981)
- Holistic and Integrative Health certified, 2012 to present
- Holistic Nursing Board Certified, 2014 to present
- Meditation Specialist 1 Board Certified, 2015 to present