Janiel Preuss - MSN, RN
Janiel Preuss’s previous academic experience has included roles as nursing instructor in theory, lab, clinical, simulation, nursing clinical coordinator, nursing project coordinator at local, state technical college, universities and nursing faculty at a local, for-profit and non-profit organizations. Preuss joined Concordia’s College of Health & Science in January 2017.
With experience as a professional nurse spanning over 40 years, Preuss has served in a variety of clinical, teaching, leadership, and management roles. She has served in a variety of health care clinical roles in nursing leadership, education, and administration in local communities. Preuss’s nursing experience has spanned both traditional and non-traditional nursing practice roles including perioperative services, general medical/ surgical, maternal child care, outpatient clinical services, clinical reviewer, and consultant in adult senior care.
ACADEMIC / PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- M.S., Nursing, Bethel University (St. Paul, MN), 2015
- M.S., Management, Cardinal Stritch University (Milwaukee, WI), 2000
- B.S., Nursing, Bethel University (St. Paul, MN), 2012
- B.S., Health Arts, St. Francis University (Joliet, IL), 1989
- Registered Nurse Associate Degree, Inver Hills Community College (Inver Grove Heights, MN), 1984
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Faribault Area Vocational-Technical School (Faribault, MN), 1968
- Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Trainer Certificate since 1991
- CPR Certification, April 2019 expiration
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Nursing member since 2012
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Apple Award in 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Registered Nurse Licensure: 1984 to present (currently in Minnesota)
Moral and ethical practice, care of mothers, babies children, adults, geriatric care, basic health assessment, social justice, patient advocacy, medical/surgical care, mental health, inter-professional collaboration, professional development and continuous learning.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who need to contact the instructor are encouraged to send an email message whenever possible. Your instructor will be checking email regularly during the weekdays. Email is a good way to document messages and can be ongoing. Students can expect a response to their emails within 24-48 hours during weekdays and may request a phone or WebEx meeting. Your instructor will be checking the discussion board regularly as time permits. Assessment of assignments and grades will be updated regularly, within a week of the due date. Receiving feedback from assignments can be viewed through the “My Grades” section of Blackboard.