Megan Wentz - MSN, RN, PHN, OCN
Megan Wentz joined the College of Health & Science at Concordia University in January 2017. Wentz’s previous academic experience has included roles as a clinical instructor in medical-surgical nursing and behavioral health, in addition to lab and theory teaching in med-surg. Her primary teaching focus is in the use of simulation to teach nursing students critical thinking, teamwork, and practical application of learned skills through simulated clinical scenarios using high fidelity manikins. Before entering the world of academic nursing, Wentz brought eight years of clinical expertise in medical-surgical nursing, adult oncology, electronic health records, and unit-based leadership roles.
ACADEMIC / PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- MSN (education emphasis), Walden University (Minneapolis) 2015
- BAN, St. Olaf College (Northfield, MN), 2007
- BA (English & Psychology) St. Olaf College (Northfield, MN), 2005
- Minnesota Public Health Nurse, 2007-present
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) by the American Heart Association, 2016
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) by the Oncology Nursing Society, 2014
- Credentialed Trainer in Epic and Beacon electronic health record, 2011
- Member of Academy of Medical Surgical Nursing, 2014-present
- Minnesota Registered Nurse 2007-present
Simulation in pre-licensure nursing and chemotherapy orientation, team communication and interprofessional collaboration, nursing informatics, preparing the baccalaureate nurse for roles beyond the bedside, and teaching psychomotor skills in a way that closely approximates real-life practice.