Information for Graduate Travel Seminars
Our travel courses are multi-disciplinary and we encourage students from a diverse set of programs to travel and learn together. The emphasis of the trip reflects the faculty members who are co-teaching the course. Students should register for their Global Travel seminar by registering for GST 597 (country title). For example, if your travel is to Ireland, you would register for GST 597 Ireland. In your degree audit, this course will automatically substitute for the course listed on the Graduate Academic site in your program. For questions, please reach out to your academic adviser.
Visit the Graduate Academic page for more information on course substitutions for your graduate program.
- All in-country transportation
- Some meals (the number varies by program)
- Any included excursions or activities
- International insurance
- Faculty support
- Airfare – Students are responsible for airfare to and from the program’s destination. Whatever program you choose, be sure to wait until you receive a flight information sheet via email (after trip registration deadline) before booking your flight.
- Tuition – Good news! Tuition is the same wherever you study, whether you take a class here at CSP or abroad. Graduate students will pay by credit just as you would if you stayed at CSP for the course. You will be billed for the course in the term the travel occurs. Please note that the travel may occur outside of the term you normally take the course.
You are also responsible for most lunches and dinners, optional excursions, spending money, and free time activities.
Students are responsible for any and all required payments and charges applicable to the travel seminar program fee. Students will pay the travel seminar program fee separate from their CSP Student Account. If a student doesn’t pay the travel seminar program cost, then the fees will be put onto the student’s account.
The trip deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
The CALL Study Abroad Center reserves space on the program for the participant upon receipt of the $500 deposit. At this point, the CALL Study Abroad Center incurs certain non-recoverable costs. Therefore any participant who cancels at any time after the deposit deadline passes will be responsible for non-recoverable costs.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the faculty trip leader and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Aid and Student Accounts will bill a student’s account for the non-recoverable costs if student chooses not to pay them directly to the cashier or online through the travel seminar payment site.
- Students are responsible for non-recoverable costs according to the cancellation period and amount listed below:
Cancellation Period Amount Due 61 day or more before the start of the program $500 non-refundable deposit 16-60 days before the start date of the program $500 non-refundable deposit plus up to the full program fee (based on non-recoverable costs) 15 days or less before the start date of the program Full program fee
Financial Aid Opportunities
We strongly encourage students to meet with Student Financial Services to explore their full range of opportunities.
Our travel courses are multi-disciplinary and we encourage students from a diverse set of programs to travel and learn together. The emphasis of the trip reflects the faculty who are co-teaching the course. Visit the individual Graduate Travel Seminar program pages for more information on cost, itinerary, and start your application: Graduate Travel Seminar Program Search
Complete all required paperwork in our online application system. We look forward to visiting with you and helping you sign up for a Graduate Travel Seminar. Feel free to contact the C.A.L.L. Center (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the process or the travel seminar.
- Application Materials: Deposit of $500 (non-refundable) and a completed online registration form reserves your place on the trip.
- Passport: You MUST have a valid passport before leaving and it must be current for 6 months past the date you return from the trip.
- Flight: Please wait to purchase airfare until you receive a flight information sheet after the deposit deadline passes.
You are responsible for purchasing your own airfare. Please wait to purchase your airfare until you receive the departure and arrival information sheet from the study abroad office.