Director of Instrumental Music
Aaron Isakson is Professor of Instrumental Music and Conductor of both the Concert Band and Percussion Ensemble for the Concordia University, St. Paul Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance, where he has been directing instrumental music since 2008. His teaching expertise covers percussion instruction, instrumental conducting, music education, instrumental literature, instrumental arranging, musicology and music history. Under his direction the CSP Concert Band has grown into one of the largest ensembles on campus. The CSP Concert Band has been invited to perform and tour throughout the United States.
Aaron is in demand as a guest conductor, clinician, adjudicator and performer. He is a regular performer with the Minnesota Saints Chorale as timpanist. He is a music representative for the Minnesota State High School League and is the Head of the Music Department for CHOF High School in Saint Paul. Aaron can be heard playing percussion in many venues across the metro area.
- Concordia University, St. Paul: Director of Instrumental Music
- CHOF High School, St. Paul: Music Department Head
- Minnesota Saints Chorale: Principal Timpanist
- Freelance Professional Musician, Percussion
- Licensure., Music Education, Concordia University, St. Paul
- M.Mus., Performance, University of Minnesota
- B.A., Percussion Performance, University of Nebraska Omaha
Phone: 651-641-8263 Extension 8263
Email: [email protected] (Preferred)