Welcome to the Continuing Education department at Concordia University, St. Paul!
A student may take continuing education courses at CSP if they:
- Have been accepted to CSP
- Are a visiting student who has completed the application process. See below for visiting student information.
Continuing Education (CE) offers primarily general education courses as well as a selection of elective course offerings.
All CE courses run 7 weeks long and are offered completely online. Depending on the format, courses are either asynchronous with no designated meeting time or synchronous with a 45 – 60 minute chat once a week at either 7pm or 8pm CST.
Please search through our course catalog to view our course offerings. You can narrow your search to Continuing Education courses by following the above link to our course catalog, and selecting “Continuing Studies On-Line”” under the Schedule Type drop down.
CE courses range from 2-4 credits each, at the rate of $420 per credit.
Visiting Students (non-degree seeking) are those who are not intending to obtain a degree from Concordia University, St. Paul and are primarily interested in taking courses to transfer to another college or university or complete a certificate through Concordia.
A visiting student may request to register for Undergraduate or Graduate courses that are offered through one of our Traditional or Online programs or School of Continuing Studies. Department approval and submission of an unofficial or official transcript may be required prior to registration.
- Concordia University, St. Paul is not able to advise students regarding transfer of credits to your current institution. View a list of course descriptions here
- Visiting students must be registered for courses no later than two weeks prior to the course start week. All requirements must be met and fulfilled prior to this deadline. Concordia University adheres strictly to this policy.
- If you are interested in taking a course on campus, you must submit proof of immunization prior to being admitted.
GRADUATE LEVEL COURSES:
In addition to meeting the above requirements, visiting students interested in taking graduate level courses:
- Must submit an official* transcript indicating earned baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- May only take up to 6 credits or 2 classes as a non-degree seeking student. After that, A student must apply for regular admission to the graduate program or seek department approval to take additional courses as a visiting student
*To be considered an official document, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution or through secured electronic delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid. All courses must be paid in full prior to the drop deadline.
- Undergraduate Level Courses: The rate for all undergraduate courses for the 2018-2019 academic year is $420 per credit hour
- Graduate Level Courses: A listing of 2018-2019 graduate tuition rates can be found here.
- Auditing: If you wish to audit a course for no credit, the cost is a flat fee of $175. You must receive instructor approval to proceed with registration.
Concordia’s Add, Drop, and Withdraw deadlines apply to all visiting students. Concordia adheres strictly to these dates throughout the semester and make no exceptions for visiting students. View the registration information page for our current Add, Drop, and Withdraw deadlines for our traditional and Continuing Studies (SCS) courses.
Concordia assumes no responsibility for the application or credit earned at Concordia towards (1) a degree to be received from another institution; (2) the issuance of teaching certificate; or (3) the renewal of certificates.
Concordia University, St. Paul does not advise students regarding transfer of credits to your current institution.
Official transcripts or placement exams may be required for certain courses. To be considered an official document, transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from the institution or through secured electronic delivery to email@example.com.