Find information about programs available to you:
CSP’s Center for Student Engagement offers a variety of unique programs abroad. Venture out of your comfort zone, connect with people, and broaden your perspective. Let us help you engage with the world and travel thoughtfully. Programs include:
- Semester or Academic Year Study Abroad
- Faculty-led Travel Seminars
- International Internships & Student Teaching
- Service Trips
Visit CSP’s Undergraduate Study Abroad program page for information about all travel opportunities.
Graduate students have the opportunity to add a global perspective to their graduate degree by substituting one pre-approved course in their program for a Global Study Travel Seminar. Travel Seminars are multi-disciplinary 6-12 day travel courses led by CSP faculty. We encourage students from a diverse set of programs to travel and learn together. Past travel seminar examples:
- Ireland – interactions with government agencies and local NGO’s serving families, visit a graduate program in Family Studies at the University of Galway, meet with corporate directors and tour Medtronic Corporation facilities in Galway
- Chile – visits to businesses, governmental, and cultural sites including Chilean vineyards, Polaris Industries, and Andes mountains
- Italy – tour of Modena (sister city of St. Paul), visit to the Montessori Center, study Reggio-Emilia pedagogical approach, a tour and tasting of both a cheese factory and a vineyard
For more information, visit the Graduate Study Abroad page.
Interested in leading a Travel Seminar? Travel Seminars are 6-12 day travel courses tied to spring semester credit. Visit the Faculty/Staff Resources page for more information on how to propose a travel seminar, dates, and read the guidebook.
Visit the Study Abroad Resource page to prepare you for a successful experience abroad. Find out useful information about:
- Financing study abroad
- Health and safety
Graduate programs with Travel Course equivalencies
Programs in over 40 countries from short-term to semester-long
Featured semester-long study abroad programs in 11 different countries