Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information – Personally identifiable information is collected if you submit it voluntarily as part of your use of the Site. When you submit a request for information on or an online application you are providing personally identifiable information.
Behavioral Information – In addition to information you provide, we may collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the IP address of the computer you are using; the browser and operating system you are using; the date and time you access the Site; and the Internet address of the website (if any) from which you linked to the Site. We use “cookies” to automatically gather some of this information. A cookie is a small text file that we send to your computer to collect information about your activities on the Site. The cookie transmits this information back to the Site each time your browser requests a page from the Site, and the information is stored to help facilitate your use of the Site the next time you visit. If you do not want to receive cookies from the Site, you can set your browser to not accept cookies.
Use of Information
When we collect personally identifiable information, it may be used in one or more of the following ways:
To provide information about the institution, to process your application;
To personalize your experience;
To improve the website;
To process questions you may have of us;
To send promotional emails and other updates to users of the website. Users may opt out of such emails by following the unsubscribe feature in the mailing;
For other marketing purposes.
We may monitor IP addresses and other behavioral information for security purposes, Site administration, trend analysis, to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems and/or improve our services.
Your Rights Under The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”)
If you enroll in a program, the disclosure of any personal information that you provide to us and/or information that we may create that pertains to you, may be protected under FERPA. You may also have specific rights related to accessing and/or updating your personal information. For more information related to the applicability of FERPA and your rights under it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Share Your Information
We may engage third party agents to perform certain functions necessary to provide our services. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for their own purposes, such as sending you marketing offers about their products.
We may disclose to third parties aggregated, anonymous information regarding our sales, traffic analysis and other information regarding the Site. This information will not include personally identifiable data about you.
Please be aware that in the event our company or any of its assets are ever sold, our customer database would be transferred to the new owner. In addition, your personal information may be transferred to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our rights, or protect the rights of other users of the Site
We have employed administrative, technical, electronic and contractual security measures to protect this information from intentional or unintentional use or disclosure. Though we will take these steps to safeguard your information (including any email communication), we cannot eliminate all security and privacy risks inherent in Internet use. You acknowledge awareness of and accept such risks, including, but not limited to, the limitations of security and authentication measures and the chance that any information transferred via the Site may be susceptible to eavesdropping, hacking and other security hazards or misappropriation. We will not be liable for damages of any kind associated with these security risks.
Links to Other Websites
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
The Site is directed at education and administrative professionals. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from or about a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Lucky Orange Web Analytics Service
This site uses the Lucky Orange analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience. Lucky Orange may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Lucky Orange may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website. Lucky Orange does not track this activity on any site that does not use the Lucky Orange system. You can choose to disable the Lucky Orange Service here. Note, that doing so will disable other features of the Lucky Orange system that this site employs.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information; Questions
SMS Terms of Service
Concordia University, St. Paul or our representatives and service providers may provide you with an opportunity to opt-in to receive text messages on your wireless telephone.
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
After you opt-in, you will receive CSP Admissions updates including messages about the admissions process, admissions events, information requests, etc.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless). ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, please contact Admissions@csp.edu.
For Help: If you need help with SMS messages at any time, text HELP from your mobile phone.
How to opt-out: You can opt-out from future messages at any time by texting STOP from your mobile phone. You agree that if you request to opt-out from future messages, we may send you a one-time opt-out confirmation text message.