Assistant Director Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Dr. Jeanne Lojovich joined the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program as a fulltime faculty member and Assistant Director in 2015. She received her BS in Physical Therapy from Marquette University and her PhD in Kinesiology/ Motor Control from the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Lojovich has over 20 years of teaching in accredited physical therapy programs. She collaboratively teaches the Neuromuscular threads and Applied Neuroscience course as well as the Health Promotion and Service Learning threads. Her 17 years of clinical practice were primarily in the area of inpatient neurologic rehabilitation, specifically traumatic brain injury. She also active in physical therapy outreach initiatives in the Twin Cities and in Niger Africa.
Currently, Dr. Lojovich’s research focuses on issues of diversity in the Physical Therapy profession and creating initiatives to improve diversity and access. She is also interested in promoting professionalism within DPT students. Some examples of recent dissemination include:
- Student Platform presentation APTA MN Spring Conference: “Barriers to Diversity in Physical Therapy”. (Cogswell T, Jorgensen J, Larson M, Roberts J, Settsu J, Wangsness-Willemson L, Lojovich JM, 2020).
- Lojovich JM, Olson-Kellogg B, Davila H. An Innovative DTP Experiential Learning Opportunity with Older Adults: A Description of a Unique Academic and Long-Term Care Partnership. J Phys Ther Ed. March 2019: 1: 23-30.
- Dorsey LL, Luetkemeyer PB, Kelly PVV, Lojovich JM. Use of an Academic Professional Behavior Assessment and Intervention to Promote Professional Socialization. J Allied Health 2018; 47(3):210–216.
- Poster Presentation at national APTA Combined Section Meeting: “Balance Screens for Low Income Adults”. Cooper C, Eisenhuth R, Hansen R, Mattson, T, Noll A, VanDerWeerd K. Lojovich JM. Poster presented Feb. 2018, Am. Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Poster Presentation at national APTA Combined Section Meeting: “Building Cultural Bridges”. Anderson S, Falk C, Gmiterko N, Reff T, Ruhland K, Lojovich JM. Poster presented Feb. 2018, Am. Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
Dr. Lojovich serves on the Board of Directors for the Minnesota Physical Therapy Association and is the education committee liaison. She enjoys going to her cabin on the North Shore of Lake Superior, hiking and traveling with her husband.
Email: [email protected]