Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Rachel Swedin is an Assistant Professor of Chemistry with Concordia University, St. Paul and has been on the faculty since 2023. Dr. Swedin teaches General Chemistry, General Physics, Thermodynamics and Analytical Chemistry. Dr. Swedin is also the chemical hygiene officer for the department of science.
Dr. Swedin has a passion for teaching and really focuses on encouraging students to become the owners of their learning journey. She works with students to find study habits that work for them to use their time learning more effectively and is always willing to go the extra mile if needed for them to learn. Dr. Swedin’s background in physical chemistry integrated her love of the flow of mathematics tied into the theories and laws that build our universe, and the fascination of mathematics integrated with physical sciences is something that she looks to share with her students.
“Math informs so much of our understanding of chemistry, I want to help others understand and utilize this in their studies” – Rachel Swedin
- Concordia University, St. Paul: Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- St. Olaf College: Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Ultrafast Systems: Scientist (Spectrophotometer Engineer)
- Ph.D., Chemistry, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- M.S., Chemistry, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- B.A., Chemistry and Mathematics, Concordia College – Moorhead