COVID-19 Information & Resources, General News, University News
After a successful 2020-21 academic year as campus managed reopening, welcoming students, and persisting through a challenging year of in-person, hybrid, and remote learning, CSP looks ahead to the summer term while modifications take place to adhere to the updated MDH and CDC guidelines for health & safety.
The Latest from the MDH:
Last week, Governor Walz announced Executive Order (EO 21-21), which serves as a timeline to end most COVID-19 restrictions. As nearly 2.6 million Minnesotans have been vaccinated, Minnesota is on track to vaccinate 70% of Minnesotans by June. In addition, the Governor and both the City of St. Paul and the City of Minneapolis have lifted their mask mandates.
This means the following:
- Lifted mask mandates locally means that CSP will not require face masks or coverings for any student, staff, or faculty member regardless of vaccination status
- Removed limits for outdoor dining, events, and social gatherings.
- Increased indoor event occupancy limits and group sizes.
- Increased indoor social gathering capacity limit to 50.
- Eliminated the state-established mandatory closing time for bars, restaurants, and food and beverage services at other public accommodation places.
What This Means for Summer and Fall 2021 at CSP:
This means another step towards CSP returning to full campus operations for the upcoming Fall 2021 semester.
- COMET’s Commitment will continue to be a staple of our campus community.
- Seating Charts will still be required in classrooms for Summer Session 1 with students remaining forward-facing. On July 1, 2021, this restriction is lifted and will not be required for the Fall 2021 semester. This means classroom seating charts are to return to pre-pandemic configurations.
- Face coverings and masks are no longer required as the Governor and City of St. Paul have lifted all mask mandates. This means masks are not required with 6 feet and more of distance and not required outside per the CDC and MDH’s updated guidelines. Please note: This applies to our St. Paul campus only. Decisions will be made about our Oregon campus at a later date.
- Distancing requirements, inside and outside, are lifted in accordance with the CDC and MN Governor.
- Feeling sick? Stay home! Use good judgment to avoid the spread of all illnesses, including COVID-19. Work with your professor or supervisor to miss class or work, and if you are concerned about a COVID-19 exposure, use the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- Classroom cleaning kits will continue to be available, but cleaning between sessions is no longer a campus requirement. If your classroom/office cleaning kit needs to be replenished, please contact Facilities.
- Furniture will be returned to normal locations throughout campus.
- CSP campuses in Oregon will continue to follow their local guidance.
Vaccinations are encouraged for students and employees, however, CSP will not have a vaccination mandate. Individuals interested in seeking the vaccine should visit the MDH Vaccine Connector online or consult their physician or healthcare professional