Associate Professor of Education and Program Chair of the MA in Education with a Literacy Emphasis program w/ K-12 Reading Endorsement
Dr. Barbara Wissink brings a practical approach to understanding and enhancing literacy instruction and assessment in the classroom. With more than 20 years as an elementary teacher, Dr. Wissink has the experience to bring course material to life for students and illustrate how practical theories work in the real classroom setting. The mixture of academic excellence with professional experience gives students critical analysis skills that will need in the classroom to engage the 21st century learners. Students also gain practical experience working on applied projects and field research while focusing on the application of literacy strategies in a variety of classroom settings.
Following her successful teaching career, Dr. Wissink has taught at Concordia for the past twelve years, working with graduate students in the area of literacy. She is the Program Chair of the MA in Education with a Literacy Emphasis program at Concordia University in St. Paul, MN.
- Ed.D., Doctorate of Education with a Literacy Emphasis, Hamline University (2010)
- MN K-12 Reading Endorsement, Hamline University
- Advanced Certificate of Literacy, University of Wollongong, Australia
- M.A., Curriculum & Instruction, University of St. Thomas (1996)
- Educational Technology Certificate, University of St. Thomas
- B.A., Elementary Education, University of Minnesota-Duluth (1987)
Email: [email protected]