DPT Admissions Process
CSP utilizes Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). PTCAS is an online application service that facilitates the application process for our DPT students.
Once all required application items have been received and reviewed, you may then be contacted for an interview with the program’s admissions committee to complete your application file.
Please start this process by setting up your account through PTCAS. You can then view our program page here. In addition to your application, all other application supplemental items will be submitted through PTCAS.
- The Fall 2024 application will open on July 1, 2023. The application deadline is December 1, 2023.
Submit official transcripts from an accredited institution stating the conferral of a bachelor’s degree through PTCAS. Additionally, submit all official transcripts from institutions where required prerequisite coursework was completed (if different from bachelor’s degree institution) through PTCAS.
Note: All undergraduate coursework must combine to a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Biology (2 courses in biological sciences -not botany)
- Chemistry (2 sequenced courses with labs)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (2 sequenced courses)
- Physics (2 sequenced courses with labs)
- Introductory Psychology and a second behavioral/social science
Prerequisite Coursework GPA: All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of at least a C as well as a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Submit GRE scores to Concordia using institution code 4518.
*Exam must be taken within the last 5 years
Submit completed physical therapy observation hours to PTCAS (form included within your PTCAS application).
*100+ hours recommended
Submit two (2) letters of professional recommendation (One letter must be from a current physical therapist). Letters should be submitted through PTCAS.
Letters should address the following questions:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- What is the greatest strength the applicant would bring to the CSP DPT program?
- Is there anything the applicant could work on to increase his/her likelihood of success in the CSP DPT program?
- Provide your overall recommendation: Strongly Recommend, Recommend, Neutral, Do Not Recommend.
The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy requires minimum passing scores on the Internet-based TOEFL for foreign-trained physical therapists seeking US state licensure and have broken it down by individual test scores:
- Writing: 24
- Speaking: 26
- Reading: 21
- Listening: 18
- TOTAL: 89
DPT Program Tuition
- Fall 2023 Tuition: $885/credit hour for 111-credit program
DPT Applicant Summary
DPT Accepted Student Summary
|Prerequisite Courses GPA||3.44||3.26||3.35|
|Undergraduate Cumulative GPA||3.35||3.36||3.45|
DPT Frequently Asked Questions
Transfer credit will not be accepted to apply toward DPT curriculum completion.
The application cycle opens on July 1 for the following year’s start (ex. July 1, 2023 for Fall 2024 start) and remains open until December 1.
Our application deadline is December 1.
No. We rank applicants by their GRE percentile.
Yes, as long as they will be completed before the start of the fall semester.
Neither are considered directly by the admissions committee, but some applicants choose to submit them anyway.
No, we tend to trust our applicants.
Most students selected for an interview will hear by January. On the occasion we have spots open, additional interviews may be offered throughout the summer.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Please feel free to review the Non-Discrimination Policy (updated 2/2016) within our Academic Catalog.