CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY ST. PAUL!
*Must complete these items by the deadline to be registered*
After your acceptance, submit your Reply to Offer form in your student portal acknowledging your permission for CSP to register you for classes and activating your CSP student ID.
Please allow 3-4 business days after submitting the Reply To Offer Form for your student ID to generate.
You will need your student ID number in order to pay your $100 deposit. You can pay the deposit on the student portal. This is not an extra fee but serves as a down payment on your tuition. If you want to update your payment type to use a U.S. card, please notify our office and we will update your payment type. Once you pay the $100 deposit, you will be in queue for I-20 processing if you are an initial I-20 student (transfer students receive their I-20s later).
Find steps and current Visa wait times by country on the U.S. Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs website.
Once you have been issued your visa, please upload a copy of the visa to your student portal. Once this information is added to your portal, we will add you to our list for registration. Uploading your visa is the final step in securing your seat for your applied term.
The Deadline to upload your visa for the Fall 2023 term is August 4th, 2023.
Students accepted to the University will be automatically registered for your first term upon the submission of a copy of your Visa. You can confirm registration by logging into CSPConnect and finding the “View Student Schedule by Term” link in the Registration Tools block.
You can access your classes through Blackboard one week prior to your start week. Students will be required to submit their first assignment within 72 hours of the first day of their start week, so be sure to log in as soon as possible.
If you are a Sevis Transfer Students, you are still required to finalize your enrollment in order to secure your seat for the term. The deadline for finalizing enrollment for Sevis Transfer Students is August 21st, 2023.
Next Steps: Traveling to the US
After completing your Reply To Offer Form and submitting your $100 Deposit, Concordia University will issue you an electronic I-20 that will be emailed to your personal email that we have on file through your student portal as well as uploading it to your student portal.
You can print your I-20 and sign it, then take it with you to your Visa appointment.
Please note that your earliest potential arrival date to the US is listed on your I-20.
Sevis Transfer Only:
For students who have already been studying in the U.S. and obtained an initial I-20 from a different U.S. institution, OR who have received an initial I-20 and F1 Visa from another U.S. Institution, CSP can assist you with transferring your SEVIS record to CSP.
Students seeking to transfer from another U.S. institution should share the following information with the DSO at your last school who will be transferring your record to Concordia University, St. Paul.
Name of Campus in SEVIS: Concordia University – St. Paul
Campus Code: SPM214F00284000
You must notify us if your record is currently terminated ([email protected] | 651-641-8883).
Students entering the U.S. will need a matching visa and I-20 listing the same university.
Please check with the DSO at your current school about the best time to transfer your Sevis record. For any questions on the CSP side, please contact International Student Services: [email protected]
You (and your dependents, if applicable) may arrive at Concordia University on or up to 30 days before the program start date listed on your I-20.
Remember that the International Student Orientation is mandatory, and so you will need to make your travel plans accordingly. Generally, we suggest arriving 1-2 days before to allow yourself time to get adjusted before orientation and classes begin.
It is best to book your travel as soon as you receive your student visa and as far in advance as possible.
The nearest airport to Concordia University is the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP).This airport is approximately 10 minutes from campus. If at all possible book a direct flight into MSP. There may be times when a direct flight is not possible. The closest connecting cities are Chicago O’Hare airport (approximately 7 hours from Minneapolis/Saint Paul).
Transportation to campus
Concordia University is approximately 7 miles from the airport. Taxi fares average $25-$30. More information about Ground Transportation at MSP is available on the airport website: www.mspairport.com/
You should evaluate your needs for the first few weeks of school – most schools suggest bringing about $2,000 in readily available funds. You can bring this amount in traveler’s checks, or better yet, bring your foreign bank card, after checking that it will work in US ATMs (automated teller machines), to access an account at home. All other money can be wired to your new US bank account after you arrive.
Before you arrive, find out from your bank at home how to wire money to the US, and how much it will cost in fees. After you have set up your new bank account, you can arrange the transfer by providing your home bank with your US bank details. You will need to provide your account number, the US bank’s name and address, and the US bank’s ABA number. Wire transfers typically take between 2-5 days. Ask your home bank for a confirmation once the funds are wired. The Article is taken from International Financial Aid Blog www.internationalstudent.com
The weather in Minnesota varies greatly depending on the time of year. To save space in your luggage, we recommend packing based on season you will arrive, but to leave room for shopping once you arrive. There are numerous malls, stores, and boutiques around Concordia to accommodate your clothing needs as the weather changes.
Recommendations for arriving during fall term (August):
- Summer clothing
- Light fall jacket
*Temperatures start to cool down in October
Recommendations for arriving during spring term (January):
- Long sleeve shirts
- Warm shoes
- Gloves (several pairs)
- Warm hats and scarves
- Warm boots
- Winter coat
*Temperatures warm up in April
Next Steps: New Student Requirements
New Student Orientation
Students on an F-1 visa are required by the U.S. government to attend new student orientation which includes important information about visa status. Concordia University offers an in-person orientation for students approximately one week prior to the start of classes.
Additional information about the orientation, what to expect, and where to log in can be found on CSP’s International Student Services website.
Prior to International Admitted Student Day orientation, we do ask you to complete our initial online orientation, which should be reviewed prior to the start of your classes. There is valuable information within this orientation that will be essential throughout your time at CSP.
Students need to be physically present in St. Paul, Minnesota for International Admitted Student Day. Please make the necessary arrangements in your travel plans to accommodate in-person orientation.
Your CSP Network Account will be created approximately one week after you are admitted. At that time, you will be emailed information to help you get started.
Blackboard Account: Access your Blackboard account
Blackboard is CSP’s Student portal, used for class registration, completing Financial Aid steps and much more! You will need the following credentials to get started (refer to your personal email, subject line: CSP Network Account Information for this information):
- Your username
- Your CSP ID number
- Your 18-digit temporary password, this is a combination of the following components, in this exact order:
- The last four digits of your CSP ID number
- Your four-digit birth year
- For example: if your ID number was L00001234 and your birth year was 2000, your temporary password would be: 12342000#Concordia
For any issues with logging into your Blackboard student account, please contact IT Help Desk:
I.T. Help Desk LTC 100
E-mail: [email protected]
1. Logging into your CSP Email Account – Using the Chrome web browser go to mail.google.com.
- If you are not already signed into a gmail account, click “sign in”, enter your CSP email address and network password.
- If you are already signed into a non-csp gmail account, you can click the account icon in the upper right corner of your screen, then click “Add another account” and enter your CSP email address and network password.
2. Set up 2-Step Verification – As soon as you sign into gmail, you will be prompted to set up two-step verification. If you ignore the prompt and do not set it up within 24 hours, your account will be locked and you will need to contact the help desk to unlock it for another 24 hours.
3. Forwarding your Email – Concordia recommends that every CSP student uses their CSP email address. All emailed communication from CSP will be directed to the CSP email address therefore it will be imperative for all students to maintain and check their CSP Gmail account regularly.
- Login to your CSP Gmail Account
- Go to your settings (the gear icon on the top right of the email page)
- Click on the “Forwarding the POP/IMAP’ tab
- Click on the “Add a forward address” button
- Enter the forwarded email address and follow the instructions
If locked out of your account or for help resetting your password, contact the IT Help Desk.
CSPConnect is your student portal providing links to all aspects as a student at CSP including billing, financial aid, and Blackboard (your online classroom).
Log into CSPConnect. Here are the steps:
- Use Safari or Chrome
- Go to https://connect.csp.edu
- Sign in with your username and network password that you received in your CSP Network Account Information email.
Concordia is one of the first universities to partner with Microsoft to license Microsoft Office for all students. This software will be available at no cost to students and the license allows installation on up to five devices owned by the student. Sign up here!
Coming To Campus
Each incoming student must submit a photo to Card Services to be used for their CSP ID.
- Learn more and submit your photo on the Card Services website
ID cards will be available for pickup at Card Services (Meyer Hall 124) during the first week of classes.
If you plan to park on campus or commute to your classes, you must register any vehicles with CSP Security.
To register your vehicle(s) online, please go to our parking permit registration site.
- Ensure you have the following information available:
- Your name, phone number, and address
- Your student ID number
- Your vehicle make, model, VIN number, and license plate
Once you register online, you can pick up your permit from our CSP Security office (Meyer Hall 124) during the first week of classes.
As you prepare for your first day of class, you may be wondering how you will navigate around campus. We want to help!
To view your class schedule:
- Login to Blackboard using your CSP network account credentials
- Click on “Student Page” found under the University Links section
- In the “Registration Tools” drop-down, select “Class Schedules”
- At the next screen, choose the semester you’d like to see and click “Submit”
- Prior to the first day of classes your schedule will be updated with the classroom building code and room number your class will be held in
To find your classrooms on campus, please reference this map.
or the Office of International Student Services (Luther 116) and we will be happy to help.
Minnesota State law requires proof of immunization. You will not be allowed to enroll until the online form has been submitted.
Please note: Immunizations submitted in any format other than the online form cannot be accepted.
New Student Resources
Due to space limitations, on-campus CSP campus housing is only available to international student-athletes, graduate assistants, and students with extenuating circumstances. For additional on-campus housing information, please contact International Admissions ([email protected]).
Students who do not qualify for on-campus housing are encouraged to see housing on their own. There are multiple organizations in Minneapolis and St. Paul offering host families (homestays) for short-term and long-term housing while you are here studying in Minnesota. Some of these organizations are faith-based, and others are not. You should do your research online and by contacting other international students who have stayed with host families in the past before committing to an organization or family.
Additionally, there are several resources available to help in your search to secure rental off-campus housing once you arrive on campus. Concordia University’s convenient location offers students a wide variety of housing locations. There are several on-campus options to consider prior to looking off campus. However, if you are interested in living off campus, the resources listed below are to help you find an ideal location.
- Once you identify a home or an apartment that seems suitable, you should schedule a visit to walk through the unit and discuss several items. Each property handles fees differently. Fees to discuss with the property owner include but are not limited to, utilities, water, gas, Internet, cable, and garbage removal, as well as on-street or off-street parking should you decide to own a car.
- When you decide on a suitable property, you will be required to sign a lease, which is a binding legal document. It is important to read very carefully over the lease agreement and to make sure that anything that you discussed with the property owner is stated clearly in the lease agreement. Typically lease agreements are in twelve-month intervals but can vary so be sure to find out the duration of your lease agreement.
Neighborhoods to consider: Midway, Thomas-Dale, Summit University, Macalester Groveland, Como, Longfellow
All F-1 international students will be enrolled in health insurance through the university. Health insurance is required for all F-1 international students.
The following F-1 students are eligible for a health insurance waiver:
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) students
- Students with employer-provided health insurance (CPT)
- Exchange students from SoonChunHyang University, United International College and InfoLink
- Student athletes
For any issues with logging into your Blackboard student account or CSP Email Address, please contact our IT Help Desk:
I.T. Help Desk LTC 100
E-mail: [email protected]
For questions about CPT, OPT, and on campus jobs, please contact International Student Services.