As our newest Golden Bears are about to start, our Welcome Weekend team has a full line-up of fun events to welcome them to campus this fall! Here’s an overview of how our campus community is coming together to give them a fun and unique kick-off to their 2021-22 academic year!
- Ice Cream social with President and Laurie Friedrich on the Fellowship plaza
- BEAR Fair–a high-energy team-building obstacle course challenge located throughout the Knoll. Students will compete in fast-paced challenges and also participate in an Escape room experience in order to “free kidnapped Comet and restore the campus network.”
- BEar Prepared–an opportunity for new students to meet and greet faculty, get their academic schedules reviewed, enjoy free food, and create their own CSP pennant to decorate their dorm room or personal residence.
- Service project–students will be serving with two local organizations, Feed My Starving Children and Every Meal, helping provide greater food access for kids around the world and locally in the Twin Cities.
- Transfer student day–a series of events and a welcome luncheon designed to welcome and connect our transfer students to campus
- CSP Scavenger hunt–our first-year students will use an online system to gamify getting to know fun spots and people around campus on Friday afternoon.
- Comet’s Cookout–our beloved tradition is back and faculty and staff are invited to attend! Food, friends and fun, lumberjack style! All new students are welcome to participate in log rolling, ax throwing and cross-cut sawing. After drying off and picking out splinters, indulge your appetite at the cookout. The All American Lumberjacks will entertain the community on Thursday, September 2nd from 4:30-6:30 pm. (Free for students, faculty, and staff; no meal plan required)
The full welcome weekend schedule can be found here: https://www.csp.edu/welcome-weekend/ Thank you for all you do to help welcome our newest Golden Bears to CSP!