- Apply Online
- Submit official transcript from the regionally accredited institution stating the conferral of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Submit a typed personal statement that answers the questions listed below. Completed statements should be labeled with your name, academic program, and your contact information and uploaded to your application portal. Each question should be answered in a minimum of 300 words (1 page).
- Tell us about your journey, background and/or goals as a writer.
- Who or what are your literary influences?
- Explain why an online format interests you in completing your degree and how you feel your schedule can accommodate the 20-25 hours per week of work to pursue your MFA degree.
- Submit a typed creative writing sample in either fiction or non-fiction writing. Completed samples should be labeled with your name, academic program, and your contact information and submitted via mail or email. The sample should be 2000-4000 words in the genre you wish to study. Standard 12 pt. font i.e. Times New Roman or Courier.
Submit official transcript to:
Concordia University – St. Paul
Office of Admissions
1282 Concordia Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55104
Students enrolling at Concordia University, St. Paul must have access to a computer that meets Concordia’s technology requirements. Contact the University Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 641-8866 with any questions regarding these requirements.