COVID-19 Admissions Update
At CSP, we recognize that COVID-19 has impacted many facets of your educational experience. To hopefully ease the admissions process, we have made the following changes:
- Transcripts: Unofficial high school or college transcripts will now be accepted for application review. Transcripts can be emailed to CSP at email@example.com.
- ACT/SAT Scores: As a test-optional institution, CSP is able to waive the requirement for standardized testing. Seniors can still submit scores, but they are no longer required for admission.
- Deadlines: We have extended our priority undergraduate admissions and enrollment deposit deadlines from May 1 to June 1.
- Virtual Visits: Although our campus is closed, you can easily connect with us virtually.
We wish for the continued health and safety of you and your loved ones, and look forward to welcoming you as a CSP student!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-641-8230.
Transfer Credit Acceptance – Spring 2020 Term
Due to COVID-19, CSP will make the following adjustments to our transfer credit acceptance policy for courses completed in the Spring 2020 term:
- Award course equivalency credit transfer courses with any P or S, or other equivalent non-qualitative, binary marks earned for terms impacted AS IF the student has earned the minimum standard grade required for transfer under current policy (i.e., assumed to be a C/C- or better for undergraduates and a B/B- or better for graduate are considered the threshold for awarding transfer credit).
- Allow any P or S, or other equivalent non-qualitative, binary marks earned during this time to meet degree requirements. For example:
- Use of the course to satisfy prerequisites and corequisites for other courses
- Upper division requirements
- General education requirements
- Courses in the major
*Prerequisite courses for Nursing, Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Doctor in Physical Therapy may have exclusions to accepting pass/fail based on programmatic requirements.
Message from CSP President Rev. Dr. Brian Friedrich
Greetings from Concordia University, St. Paul. Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, I realize many of you may be concerned about the future as you move forward in your educational journey. While the COVID-19 situation has impacted everyone globally, we recognize the unique way it has affected the class of 2020 and all students who are in transition. I want to reassure you that the well-being of our entire CSP community is our top priority and we have come together to make adjustments in support of all our current and future Golden Bears.
I want you to know that while our campus has physically closed, our faculty, staff, and resources are still here and available to you. If you would like to connect with an admissions counselor, tour our campus virtually, or learn about student resources available, we are ready and waiting to do so. All opportunities can be found at csp.edu/visit. I promise that we will continue to be available, and will also ensure you’re updated as things continue to change and evolve, particularly as we move into the months ahead.
Each of you, your family and loved ones are in my prayers. In the confusion that surrounds us, there is constant hope and certainty available to us. For such a time as this our Heavenly Father has gathered us to serve our students and each other. We are in His hands. He will provide, guide, bless, and direct us today, tomorrow and for all of the days He grants us on this earth. If you are in need of assistance or I can be of any help to you, please contact me at email@example.com.
May our gracious God hold us tightly in His hands,
Brian L. Friedrich