In just two short weeks, Concordia University, St. Paul will welcome new and returning students to campus for the start of the 2022-23 academic year. As the new year begins, the university would like to share current health recommendations for our community.
Health and Wellness Guidelines
We can all put into practice general guidelines that help avoid the spreading of illness and viruses:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough (try to create space from others as you do).
- If you are not feeling well, work with your healthcare provider and directly with your professors/supervisor for accommodations.
- If you have a fever, sore throat, or other symptoms that could indicate COVID-19, get tested.
- Return-to-campus standards follow our standard guidelines (pre-COVID-19):
- 24 hours at normal temperature (99.5 or less) without medication
- No excessive coughing
- No vomiting or diarrhea
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate for 5 days and wear a well-fitting mask until day 10, starting from the onset of symptoms. If you are symptom-free for 24 hours and can produce a negative test, you are free to return to campus.
As has been our practice before COVID, if a student or employee is generally sick (cold, mild flu-like symptoms, etc.), they should seek guidance from their medical provider about appropriate next steps. However, when signs and symptoms of highly infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, flu, pink-eye, RSV, pneumonia, and others, simply stay home until cleared by your medical provider.
Throughout the pandemic, CSP has been a model of excellence and cooperation. CSP leadership works closely with state health officials and will track ongoing changes from the CDC and other governing bodies. We will continue to communicate the latest guidelines regarding communicable diseases if the situation changes.