Tuition & Financial AidGraduate

Quality Education, Affordable Price

Pursuing your graduate degree is an important decision for you and your family, and the cost of tuition is a significant consideration.

If you’ve looked at comparable degree programs you already know that Concordia offers a superior private college education at an affordable price. Many adult students assume they aren’t eligible for financial aid, but you’ll be glad to know that Concordia offers a variety of sources to help you pay for your education, including state and federal loans and grants, payment plans and scholarships for those who qualify. Many students also receive tuition reimbursement from their employer.

Applying for financial aid doesn’t take long and it’s worth the effort! Our financial aid specialists can answer your questions and help determine the best plan for you.

Tuition Information

Graduate Programs - Cost Per Credit
Graduate ProgramsCost Per Credit 19-20
Coaching and Administration$425
Creative Writing (MFA)$525
Criminal Justice Leadership$475
Doctor of Physical Therapy$875
Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.)$615
Education (all emphasis areas)$395
Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)$415
Exercise Science (MS)$475
Family Science$395
Forensic Behavioral Health$475
Human Resource Management$475
Information Technology Management (MS)$475
Leadership and Management$475
MBA (All emphasis areas)$625
Orthotics and Prosthetics (MS)$515
Special Education (all emphasis areas)$395
Sport Management$475
Strategic Communication Management$475
Superintendent Endorsement$415
Teaching (MAT)$440




Scholarship and Grant Resources

Concordia offers a competitive tuition rate as well as several scholarship opportunities if you qualify. Contact your Admissions Counselor for additional scholarship and partnership information.

Scholarship eligibility is dependent upon the program and program enrollment. Scholarships cannot be combined with other institutional discounts or scholarships. Program participation will be evaluated on an annual basis and is not to exceed the cost of tuition less any other grant or scholarship aid.

Concordia Legacy Scholarship

Awarded to qualified students enrolling full time at CSP that have had a family member attend Concordia University, St. Paul.

Concordia Partnership Advantage

Awarded to qualified students enrolling full time at CSP that are employed at one of our partnering organizations.

CSP Alumni Scholarship

Awarded to CSP alumni starting their master’s or doctoral degree at Concordia. The $2,000 tuition discount is awarded exclusively upon acceptance and evenly disbursed over the duration of the program while the student is enrolled full-time.

Lutheran Heritage Scholarship

Awarded to qualified students enrolling full time at CSP who are active members within an LCMS congregation.

AmeriCorps Scholarship

Awarded to qualified students enrolling full time at CSP who are alumni of the AmeriCorps.

Federal Veterans Benefits

Federal Veterans Benefits – Certificates of Eligibility may be obtained from Federal Veteran Administration offices where the records are kept. Concordia University, St. Paul is an eligible institution for Federal military benefits including Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Administration, vocational rehabilitation and ROTC. Read more about Federal Veterans Benefits

Minnesota GI Bill

Minnesota GI Bill is a state grant based on financial need. Must be a Minnesota resident or on Active Duty in Minnesota. Read more about the Minnesota GI Bill.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

As of the 2008 Fall semester the College of Education will be participating in the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program that provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who agree to teach in high need fields in school serving low income families. If you are interested in this program, read the Federal Student Aid TEACH Fact Sheet for a brief discussion of the program. You must be enrolled in the Masters and NOT just the licensure portion of the program to qualify for the TEACH grant.

Qualifying Majors:

  • Family Life Education
  • Special Education – all
  • Classroom Instruction with Reading Endorsement

High needs fields: there are two categories of high need fields. Students in the fields specified by the federal legislation will always be eligible for TEACH Grants. There are additional fields, unique to each state that are currently eligible (but these fields may change and may not apply in other states). Below is a listing of the federal fields.

Federal High Needs Fields
A foreign language
Bilingual Education
Special Education
Reading specialist

Each year you receive a TEACH Grant, you must sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve that will be available electronically on a Department of Education Web site. The TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve specifies the conditions under which the grant will be awarded, the teaching service requirements, and includes an acknowledgment by you that you understand that if you do not meet the teaching service requirements you must repay the grant as a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, with interest accrued from the date the grant funds were disbursed. Specifically, the TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve will require the following:

  • For each TEACH Grant-eligible program for which you received TEACH Grant funds, you must serve as a full-time teacher for a total of at least four academic years within eight calendar years after you completed or withdrew from the academic program for which you received the TEACH Grant.
  • You must perform the teaching service as a highly-qualified teacher at a low-income school. The term highly-qualified teacher is defined in section 9101(23) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 or in section 602(10) of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act.
  • Your teaching service must be in a high-need field.
  • You must comply with any other requirements that the Department of Education determines to be necessary.
  • If you do not complete the required teaching service obligation, TEACH Grant funds you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan that you must repay, with interest charged from the date of each TEACH Grant disbursement.

Other TEACH Grant Links

Southeast Asian Teacher (SEAT) Program

The Southeast Asian Teacher (SEAT) Program at Concordia University, St. Paul is open to persons of color with financial need looking to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in teacher licensure programs.

For additional information and qualifications, please visit the SEAT website.

Available Loans

All loans require a completed FAFSA, except for some alternative loans which may have no requirements.


– Subsidized (federal government pays interest while student is in school)

– Unsubsidized (student pays interest while in school or capitalizes it)

Accepting a Stafford Loan

To accept a Federal Stafford Loan, please complete the Stafford loan entrance counseling and sign this Stafford Master Promissory Note (MPN).


Private Educational Loans

If your tuition was not covered fully by Federal Stafford loans, you will need to pay the remainder out of pocket or apply for a Private Educational Loan. There are many types of student loans, and it is important for you to choose the one that best meets your needs.

FASTChoice is a tool that helps you to compare lenders and their loan products


Financial Aid Process F.A.Q.

What is included in a typical financial aid package?

A typical financial aid package begins with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is calculated once you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Concordia will use the EFC to determine what types of aid you may be eligible for including MN State Grant, Pell, Supplemental Equal Opportunity Grant (SEOG), work study, Stafford loans, Perkins loans and private education loans.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Go to and complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

  • Choose Concordia University, St. Paul with the code 002347
Why is an FSA ID needed for the FAFSA and where do I get it?

Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents. The FSA ID replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN on May 10, 2015. Learn more and create your ID here:

What is the deadline for financial aid?

It is recommended you complete the FAFSA after you have filed your federal tax return for the year, or as early as possible to ensure your financial goals are met.

How long does it take to receive the financial aid package?

Prior to be being awarded, you must be admitted to Concordia University, St. Paul and have a complete FAFSA on file. Approximately two weeks after these requirements are met you can expect to receive your financial aid award letter in the mail.

Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?

Yes. If you have completed a FAFSA before, you will complete a Renewal FAFSA each year.

When is financial aid applied to the student account?
  • Grant money is applied to student accounts on the first day of classes.
  • Federal loan money is applied to student accounts approximately three weeks after the start of your program.
  • Private loans are disbursed as soon as all requirements are met.
What happens to any 'leftover' money in the student account?

If a credit balance remains after all tuition and fees have been paid for the semester, students receive the overage within 14 days.  Refer to CSPConnect for specific details.

I've been selected for federal verification. What does this mean?

Verification is a process that all universities receiving federal aid are required to complete. The purpose of verification is not to find fraudulent FAFSA applicants, but to find and correct common mistakes made during the filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If the verification process is not completed, a student will not be considered for any need-based financial aid.

To Complete This Step:

  • Submit a copy of the Federal Verification Worksheet and a copy of the previous year’s tax information.
    Must be the same tax documents that were used to complete the FAFSA
  • If you are dependent, and were required to submit your parent’s information on the FAFSA, you will need to submit a copy of yours and your parent’s tax information.

Refer to CSPConnect for specific details.

Contact Student Financial Services

Phone: (651) 641-8776

Financial Aid in Three Simple Steps

  1. Apply for admission to Concordia University, St. Paul
  2. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
    * The Concordia University School Code is 002347
  3. Respond to all financial aid correspondence sent to you.



View Our Graduate Programs

Start or continue your education with Concordia's flexible and affordable graduate degrees!

Program Listing

Tuition & Fees

On this page you will find the costs associated with enrolling in a graduate program at Concordia University, St. Paul.
(All fees are subject to change. Any subsequent changes will be announced separately.)

View Tutition & Fees